Talk to any dietician or fitness expert in the world, and they will tell you that refined sugar is your biggest enemy when it comes to dieting and health. No matter whether you are on the keto diet, or simply want to follow a healthy lifestyle, you have to find ways and means to cut on sugar. For someone who is used to refined sugar in daily life, the change can be hard. In this post, we will share tips on how can bring a change smartly.
- Choose your soda wisely. Most of us fail to calculate the liquid calories. Regular sodas and ready-to-drink products in the market are located with sugar, and before you realize, you may have consumed as much as 50 grams of sugar in just one serving. Instead of organic soda with no added sugar. You will find varieties that replace regular refined sugar, with better alternatives like cane sugar, and zero-sugar ones only contain stevia, which are even better.
- Find the better alternatives for “sugaring” your diet. Instead of the ready muesli and cereals, buy oatmeal for breakfast. Instead of using regular sugar, go for stevia, or as a better option, add some fruits. Fruits do have natural sugars, but are also high in vitamins and minerals. You are less likely to have cravings because fruits also have fiber that will keep you satiated for longer.
- Don’t get sugar this time – simple. Healthy sweeteners, such as stevia, cane sugar, and coconut sugar are getting popular, and while the last two does have calories, these are still better than refined sugar. If you don’t have refined sugar at home, you wouldn’t crave for it – It’s as easy as that.
- Read your labels. Most of us don’t really read labels while buying products at the super market. Unfortunately, sugar is everywhere – in sauces, cereals, drinks and more. Always check for products that contain artificial sweeteners and stevia, or go for ones that don’t have any sugar added.
- Watch the proportion. That one simple step can help you cut down both calories and sugar. Instead of eating an entire slice of cheesecake, go for half a slice. A basic way of doing that is to take a smaller plate. If you eat from a smaller plate, you will eat less, but make sure that you don’t go for multiple servings.
Check online now to find more on organic soda brands near you!