With CBD popping up in so many products, it’s hard to separate fact from fiction and determine what it is, how it can benefit us, and which CBD oils are pure and trustworthy. One of the most popular places to find CBD oil is in skin care products, which made us wonder why. The claims of CBD skin care product range from delivering a healthy glow to assisting in the visual reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. If you’re wondering whether CBD aging moisturizer can actually deliver on this promise, read on.
What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol, or “CBD oil,” is one of over one hundred cannabinoids that can be extracted from a particular species of the hemp plant. This plant also produces a myriad of fibers, terpenes, compounds, anti-oxidants, nutrients, and important vitamins and minerals which can be extremely beneficial for our use. When all these plant parts are extracted together in oil form, they produce what is referred to as the entourage effect. The entourage effect is the result of all the plant compounds working together congruently to deliver the maximum benefit the plant has to offer.
Unfortunately, not all CBD oil or CBD anti-aging skin care products contain the proper type of CBD oil to deliver the entourage effect. This is the first step in determining whether a CBD anti-aging moisturizer will be able to really assist you with fine line and wrinkle reduction.
CBD oil can be extracted into three different formulas:
- CBD isolate: This refers to CBD that has been extracted by itself from the plant. These oils and products contain only cannabidiol, no other crucial plant ingredients. CBD isolate does not produce the entourage effect.
- Broad Spectrum CBD: CBD that is extracted with all usable plant parts except for the trace amount of THC found in the particular species of hemp plant from which CBD is extracted is said to be broad spectrum. Because it lacks this one key component (the cannabinoid THC), it does not produce the entourage effect.
- Full Spectrum CBD: CBD extracted with all usable plant parts is considered full spectrum CBD, is the most beneficial for skin care use, and produces the desirable entourage effect.
How Can CBD Help with Wrinkles and Fine Lines?
CBD is an all-natural plant extract that has some pretty amazing anti-aging properties. Here are four ways a CBD anti-aging moisturizer added to your skin care routine can help you turn back the hands of time.
- Antioxidant galore. As a fully plant-based extract, CBD is chocked full of antioxidants. Antioxidants are what help our skin fight against free radicals and free radical damage. Free radicals are environmental hazards like sun, smoke, smog, and other irritants which collectively affect our skin at a cellular level and cause us to age sooner than we should. The use of CBD anti-aging moisturizers can help protect your skin from these outside wrinkle-causing enemies.
- CBD is a moisturizing powerhouse. Possibly one of the best ways to deliver CBD oil to your skin is through an anti-aging moisturizer. CBD is an excellent skin hydrator, which can effectively lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in even one application. Hydrated, plumped skin shows fine lines and wrinkles less, and keeping your skin properly hydrated may cause these fine lines and wrinkles to dissipate over time.
- Inflammation fighter. CBD is a wonderful anti-inflammatory. As our skin ages, it begins to lose some of its natural inflammatory-fighting properties. As such, we are left with patches of skin that may appear red, irritated, dry, itchy, or scaly. These can not only make our skin feel uncomfortable, they can cause fine lines and wrinkles to form. CBD’s anti-inflammatory rich makeup helps boost skin’s natural inflammatory fighting response, delivering skin that is calmer, smoother, and more even over all.
- The CBD glow. Ask any regular user of a CBD anti-aging moisturizer and they will tell you; CBD produces a healthy glow. The use of CBD products on the skin can actually help smooth the overall texture of skin, even out skin tone, reduce inflammation, plump out fine lines and wrinkles, and even assist with calming acne that is present. As such, the overall appearance of skin is healthier and happier, and radiates wellness.
CBD anti-aging moisturizers are great products to add to your skin care arsenal, especially if working to fight the signs of fine lines and wrinkles are one of your concerns. Using CBD to help fight the early signs of aging is an all-natural, plant-based way to boost your skin’s anti-inflammatory response and give it the ingredients it needs to stay hydrated and healthy on a daily basis. To make sure you get the most out of your CBD anti-aging moisturizer, always look for full spectrum CBD oil as an ingredient so that you can be certain you are receiving all the potential benefits the hemp plant has to offer.