Smoking cigarettes, pipes, or cigars can cause headaches both for smokers and non-smokers. Tobacco contains the chemical name nicotine, which triggers headaches.
- Nicotine intake can constrict or narrow our blood vessels, restricting the blood flow from going to the brain. Since less blood than needed is going to the brain can cause migraine headaches. Less blood than required can also lead to pain in the back of the head and the face muscles. These are referred to as cluster headaches and comes with triggered migraine headaches.
- Nicotine is responsible for nerve stimulation that may lead to an increased headache. Moreover, nicotine does not melt with any headache curing or migraine medications. Nicotine makes the breaking down of the medicines difficult in our body, thus restricting the medication and reducing the effect of the medicine.
- People having a smoke allergy and odor sensitivity can also experience headaches while smoking. Because smoke or odor may not suit their bodies.
Studies say that individuals can have higher hazards of smoking causes headaches. Individuals getting expose to nicotine at a prior age may be more helpless in migraines and cluster pains. This is because smoking should be done at later stages of our life but, getting used to nicotine and tobacco at a much prior age several toxins are built-in in the body affecting one’s health tremendously. The slant is that the migraines ordinarily have an afterward onset, but the side effects are more serious since the body has come across poisons from nicotine intake.
Like tobacco exposure at a prior age, triggered headaches are also come with exposing one’s self towards alcohol. Individuals vulnerable to migraines can experience worsening migraines triggers over time if they tend to compound smoking. This problem becomes even more chronic and frequent as days pass, making it even more challenging and inveterate to urge freed off.
How to get rid of tobacco headaches?
- When people think about getting rid of nicotine triggers headaches the easiest and simple way is to just stop smoking.
- If one cannot stop it in a day, it can be extremely helpful to cut down the number of cigars the person inhales in a day. This reduces both the triggers headaches and cluster headaches by up to 50%.
- Sometimes headaches may also happen because of the allergic reactions affecting the smoker’s body. In this case, one can tend to use VG, as it is a better alternative to PG. Along with that increase, the overall water intake should also resolve the issue of a headache to an extent.