“Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder”. To look young and beautiful has become an inspiration for many irrespective of age. Unhealthy lifestyle, stress, and environmental factors have led to the rise of several cosmetic procedures that provide promising results to fight signs of aging, and other skin-related issues.
New York cosmetic dermatology team provides state-of-the-art aesthetic treatments such as topical, injectables, and laser therapies to treat a variety of skin concerns.
An introduction to cosmetic dermatology
Cosmetic dermatology is a popular emerging branch of dermatology that deals with the enhancement of beauty. Cosmetic dermatology aims to rejuvenate your skin, and address common skin conditions like acne, wrinkles and fine lines, and unwanted hair.
Cosmetic dermatology offers a variety of aesthetic procedures that are mostly noninvasive, with minimal complications, quick recovery, and long-lasting results.
Treatments offered by cosmetic dermatology
Cosmetic dermatology aims to rejuvenate your skin and enhance your overall appearance through:
- Collagen and elastin stimulation
- Eliminating excess melanin-forming cells (melanocytes)
- Improve the skin texture
- Prevent sebum production and clogging of pores
- Target hair follicles to halt excess hair growth
There are several treatments offered depending on your skin concern:
Tightening sagging skin
- Sagging skin can be treated through laser procedures that stimulate collagen and elastin production
- Your skin looks and feels firmer, tighter, and more youthful
- Some of the commonly used laser systems include:
- Fraxel Dual
- Clear+Brilliant Permea
- Sciton Contour TRL
- Dermal fillers such as Sculptra and Voluma help add volume to your sagging skin
Reducing wrinkles and fine lines to get a clear skin
- Laser resurfacing and chemical peels can even our and brighten your skin tone removing dark lesions
- Botox injections can effectively smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. These include:
Eliminating moles, scars, and keloids
- Benign suspicious moles can be removed through cryotherapy, surgery or curettage.
- Keloids can be removed through laser therapy while scars can be eliminated through dermabrasion or chemical peels.
Getting rid of double chin or earlobes
- Kybella injections are popular to treat double chin.
- Thin earlobes can be plumped up with dermal fillers.
Removal of unwanted hair
- Laser therapy can effectively remove unwanted hair by destroying the hair follicles halting new hair growth.
Getting rid of facial veins
- Sclerotherapy (injecting special solutions) is the preferred choice of treatment to eliminate unwanted facial veins.
Cosmetic dermatology offers safe and cost-effective procedures that can address the aging process, improve tone and texture, and combat skin conditions like acne. No matter your age or medical condition, cosmetic dermatology has a solution that will help you look and feel your best.