Maple is a healthy syrup as it is made from fresh xylem sap produced from trees of maple species. It’s the best option against refined sugar that increases your blood sugar level, fat, obesity and diabetes. All candies and other sweet items available in the market are prepared from artificial sweetener or refined sugar, which is harmful for health. Maple syrup is a common ingredient that is added to many recipes therefore it is easily available in the market.
Delices Erable et Cie or Delights Maple & Co was found in 1999, that produces authentic maple syrups and its products in Vancouver. They started from Vancouver and currently own 6 different stores in Quebec, Canada. With variations in maple syrup, they’re also focussing on variations of honey as well as cranberry products. Their stores are full of candy and different sorts of food and seasonings from maple syrup, honey and cranberry.
Refined sugar or sweeteners only provide sweetness to products, but maple syrup can provide sweetness and act as an important ingredient in any food that gives it a flavour. Here are some beautiful ways of adding it into your daily life –
- Smoky bacons with upgraded version of popcorn soaked in maple syrup.
- Transparent golden texture maple syrup along with pastries a muffin.
- Pie with whipped cream and maple syrup to balance the sweetness of pie.
- Add maple syrup to prepare an exquisite cocktail of the event.
- Roasted vegetable or fruit salad can have slight flavour of maple syrup which is coated with butter as well.
- Chicken fajitas are incomplete without maple syrup.
- I can’t imagine pudding without maple syrup or crystals. Whether that pudding is made with egg or chicken, each can be blended and complimented with maple.
- Pancakes, French toast and waffles, ice-creams, tarts etc. will be incomplete if you just eat them without a pinch of maple favour.
When you wake up in the morning you feel fresh. If you add unhealthy diet to your morning breakfast, your morning walk, exercise, meditation, all goes in vain. Most of us cannot drink milk, tea or coffee without sugar so we prefer adding artificial sweetener. However, these artificial sweeteners have certain chemicals in it and refined sugar is bad for health. Therefore, to reaming healthy and to enjoy food with your favourite taste and flavour, try maple syrup or crystals with every meal.
All maple syrups will taste good as long as they come from authentic tree. There are two kinds of maple syrups, Grade A, which is the best quality and is darker in shade, Grade B, is lighter in shade and is prepared from early season sap. Therefore, choose wisely while buying maple syrup to keep your family hale and hearty.