Neurology is the branch of medical science that is concerned about the nervous system of the body and its proper functioning. A neurologist is the trained professionals who diagnose and treat the problems related to the nervous system.
Neurology mainly consists of two important divisions that are the central nervous system which ensures the proper functioning of the brain and spinal cord. Second division refers to the peripheral nervous system, which ensures the proper functioning of all other neural elements like eyes, ear, skin, and other sensory organs.
A neurologist treats ailments related to the brain, spinal cord, and different nerves. Below is severe illnesses required immediate attention of a neurologist:
- Demyelinating disease of the nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis
- Infection of the brain and peripheral nervous system
- Brain tumor
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord disorder
- Seizure disorder such as epilepsy
- Speech and language difficulty
Crucial Steps to Diagnose and Treatment:
- A neurologist receives training and experience to check and treat the entire problem associated with the nervous system. A neurology expert always first checks whether the problem exists in the nervous system or not. Following this entire medical history related to the neuron problem is examined keenly. Functionalities like cranial nerves, coordination, mental status, sensation, strength, and relaxes checked carefully.
- Based on the first stage of diagnosis, more test performed to decide the line of treatment properly. Necessary tests required to perform to detect neuron problems are computed axial tomography scan, magnetic resonance imagining, electroencephalography or electromyography.
Brain tumor and its major symptoms
A neurologist is effectively trained to treat the deadly disease brain tumor. Brain tumor refers to a situation when number of cancerous cells develops in the brain and form a clot. The problem of brain tumor becomes terminal when the cancerous cells spread to the final stage. In the final stage, no cure is possible. So, it is wise to see a suitable doctor on time and get the entire checkup done. Below are some crucial symptoms indicate towards the problem of brain tumor:
- Change in pattern of headache
- Continuous headache and pain increases continuously
- Unexplained nausea and vomiting
- Speech difficulty
- Hearing problem
- Problem in retention
Are you looking for a Neurology doctor in Kolkata?
If you are specifically looking Neurology doctor in Kolkata and want to confirm the doctor’s history and past treatment, then you should check a medical website like careclues.com. Such website gives you satisfactory details of doctors experienced in the different medical field. There are effective search options which can help to achieve the desired result. You can check the details and book your appointment with a suitable doctor in your city.