Did you notice any blood while brushing your teeth? If yes, then you must know that your gums are infected. Even though gum disease is common, it doesn’t mean it won’t get serious.
If left untreated, this infection can spread below your gum line and into your bone leading to overall bad oral health. So it is very important to take immediate action with or without a dentist. So here are some ways on how you can cure gum disease without a Coppell Dentist.
Symptoms of gum disease
Just knowing how to cure gum disease isn’t enough, if you are totally unaware of when to take these actions. Many times it happens that patients realize their gum disease until it reaches the last stage.
No doubt, gum disease is very common, so noticing it can be really confusing. To give you a clear picture, here are some signs/symptoms of gum disease :
- Swollen gums- The very first sign of your gum disease is red swollen gums which start with inflammation along the gum line. You may also feel pain or bleed while brushing or flossing.
- Bad odor- Our mouth contains millions of bacteria who feed on the plaque. These bacteria release toxins that as a result irritate the gum leading to a foul and bad smell. This is also another symptom of gum disease.
- Teeth sensitivity- Sensitivity is another sign of gum disease which means when you sip a cold drink your teeth may feel something.
- Shifting teeth- Another great symptom of gum disease is shifting teeth. Shifting of teeth happens when gum disease attacks the bones which hold your teeth. As a result, it makes the teeth lose.
Ways of curing gum disease without a dentist
Worried about gum disease? The good part about gum diseases is that they can be prevented if started at an early stage. And here are some ways and home remedies for curing gum diseases at an early stage without consulting dentists :
- Tea tree oil
- Tea tree oil
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil and the required amount of regular toothpaste.
- Mix one drop of oil and toothpaste.
- Gently use it. Make sure not to take too much and avoid swallowing.
- Coconut oil pulling
- Coconut oil
- Take 1-2 tbsp of fractionated coconut oil into your mouth.
- Swish it well around your mouth for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the time is over, spit it out. Make sure not to swallow the oil.
- Now rinse your mouth with water and spit the water out.
- Now brush your teeth gently. But make sure to drink one glass of water before.
- Turmeric powder
- Turmeric powder
- Take a bowl and add turmeric and water.
- Mix them together until a paste.
- Use this paste to apply on your gums and leave for at least 10 minutes before rinsing off with water. For better results use this twice.
- Saltwater rinse
- Take some water into a bowl and pour it until lukewarm.
- Now add 3-4 tbsp of salt into the boiled water.
- Carefully swirl the water inside the mouth and then spit it out. For better results repeat this process three times on a daily basis.
Another great way of getting rid of rotting teeth is by relying on nutrition. Nutrition plays a great role in healthy teeth and gums. So you must opt for fatty fish, coconuts, pastured meats, and plenty of fruits and vegetables. However, avoid food that contains sugar.
Some prevention tips for gum disease
Here are some tips that will help prevent gum disease in the long run :
- Brush your teeth twice a day for at least 2 minutes.
- Use an appropriate mouthwash as well as an electric toothbrush.
- When buying a toothbrush make sure you opt for a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
- Have frequent dental cleanings and checkups.
- Quit smoking and drinking.
- Make sure to remove any stain or food particle daily from your gums, teeth, enamel, and mouth.
The goal is to control your infection
Be it best practices or home remedies make sure you carefully follow and add them to your oral care regime. However, there might be some cases where home treatment won’t work. In such situations, it is important to see a dentist in Folsom and opt for treatments as prescribed by the doctor.