Before knowing about the treatment for varicose veins, it will be helpful about the health issue, its symptoms and whether you are the right person who needs the treatment. In simple words, varicose veins are the veins present in legs that twist and bulge without any prior indication. It mainly happens because the one way valves of the veins don’t function smoothly.
Valves in the veins prevent the blood to move backward to make them flow forward towards heart. Due to some health issues the valves doesn’t function well, thus blood pools form in the veins resulting in its bulging and twisting. If you have trouble with such issue, it is best to think of varicose vein treatment options.
More about the symptoms of varicose veins health problems:
- Your leg swells.
- Feel pain and heaviness of legs.
- Leg cramps.
- You have a burning sensation.
- You have itching around legs and ankles.
- Skin changes in color.
Many people don’t consider treatment till they seriously feel the discomfort caused by the varicose veins. Some try home remedies or feel it is best to use medications brought on the suggestions of the pharmacist. Sometimes if the problem isn’t severe it gets solved or the problem continues.
When you need to have immediate treatment for varicose veins?
- When you have leg ulcer or have chronic sore.
- You are having trouble because of blood clot in superficial vein or in deep vein.
- You visualize bleeding from the varicose vein.
While the problem isn’t severe you can treat varicose veins yourself:
- Better to lose weight. You need to reduce your weight as the legs have to take the upper body weight.
- Do exercise regularly that involves more of movement of legs like walking, cycling, running and swimming.
- You need to protect your legs from outer elements thus it is best to wear stockings.
- You can try natural healing treatment advised by an experienced professional.
There are two best modes of treatment for varicose veins.
- Surgical treatment – This treatment has always been successful and helps to prevent trouble of varicose veins again. However, it is done only when no other treatment option works effectively.
- Invasive treatment options – They are Sclerotherapy, Endovenous ablation and Microphlebectomy are the best ways to treat varicose veins.
If you are troubled with varicose veins symptoms, it is best to consult a vascular surgeon who is well trained to do surgery. While you are less inclined for surgery get appointment with Interventional Radiologist. You can opt for safest and effective mode of treatment by contacting Northern Illinois Vein Clinic in Rockford.