Gum problems and diseases start silently, and there is not much warning. However, it must be noted that the gum problem gradually increases, leading to severe issues in your mouth. It can affect oral and overall health if it is left untreated, and it can also cause dental emergencies.
Therefore, there are some signs that you must know to understand whether the gum problem is initiating or not. If you face such symptoms in your gums, you should take care of them and take the necessary steps to rectify them. There are various dentist centers in San Ramon where you can visit and ask for San Ramon Emergency Dentistry for better guidance.
What are signs that indicate that you get your gums checked?
- Gum abscess: If there is a red swollen ball on your gums that consists of pus inside the gum tissues. This abscess can lead to pushing down the gum from the teeth.
- Loose or shifting teeth: This situation of loosening or turning teeth is seen in periodontal disease, the advanced gum disease that makes your gums loose and thus moves the teeth. In this situation, gum disease is advanced to the extent that it can harm your teeth, gum tissues, and jawbone. So, in this advanced stage, it is recommended that you should consult a doctor for better treatment.
- Sensitivity or pain: When you experience sensitivity to even cold or hot things, it is a gum problem for you. Here, it would help if you started caring for your gums and consulted doctors to avoid such sensitivity problems.
- Bad Breath: There are various reasons for bad breath, such as dry mouth, certain medications, and some meals can cause bad breath problems. It is also a sign of an early stage of gum disease; therefore, you should not avoid this symptom. A plaque builds up on the tongue, and bad breath indicates that this plaque is not removed correctly.
- Bleeding of Gums: If you are tasting a metallic taste in your mouth, it is the taste of your blood from your gums. It indicates an infection, and you can even see the blood while brushing, so this is a vital sign suggesting some teeth problems.
- Inflammation or swollen gums: You must be aware that the pink gums are the stronger gums, and if the gum is red and sensitive to touch, it is not healthy. These pose some early signs of gingivitis. So, these are sure signs indicating a specific gum problem in your mouth, and you should take care of it as soon as possible.